Review Diaries- Maybelline Fit Me Luminous+Smooth Foundation


Finding the perfect foundation is one hell of a job, isn't it?. Yes, it is and by chance, if you are one of the lucky ones who got your perfect foundation that matches your complexion and does not damage your skin then you are one hell of a lucky person and I definitely want to meet you. For me, it was as much difficult as 99% of the other girls. The struggle to find the right foundation is real and for me, it was more difficult as I live in one of the most rural areas of the world that you can ever come across!. 
Today, I am here, yet, to give you the review of one of another foundation that I got ahold of recently. Its none other than the new, well technically not new, Maybelline Fit Me Luminous+Smooth Foundation. 
Now, don't confuse it with the Matte and Poreless or Smooth and Dewy Foundation. This review is specifically based on Maybelline Fit Me LUMINOUS+SMOOTH Foundation. Luminous and smooth in capital letters so that you can get the clear idea of what I am talking about. Maybelline has recently come up with a vast variety of different foundations so it is easy to confuse one with another.
Well, to start off with my experience, I bought the wrong foundation. I actually wanted the matte and poreless foundation but I bought it online and got delievered with the wrong foundation and I, basically realized this after I tried it out.
Starting off with packaging of the product; its good, considering its a drugstore product. It comes in a sleek glass container with a paper tag kind of thing at the back that tears off once you open the cap of the bottle. It comes with pump which is good because it is easy to apply it with that.


On the packaging, it states that it is ultra lightweight, hydrates and smoothes skin textures for a luminous, seamless finish and also, it contains SPF 18. Available in umatched 16 shades with scientifically advanced 5D technology.
Well, is it lightweight as they stated?
Yes, it most definitely is lightweight. I love the way it feel when you apply it. Though I got the wrong foundation, I didn't really minded it because it turned out pretty good too. It has light to medium coverage but it is buildable. 

I have a normal to combination skin so I really don't mind if the foundation is dewy or matte and its just my personal preference of choosing a matte foundation but I was surprised when I tried this out. It felt smooth and nice on the skin. It didn't clog my pores or caused my skin to breakout. I used this foundation for a month to completely review it.The consistency of the liquid is medium. I didn't think it was too liquidy or too thick. 
If you have a dry skin or dry to combination skin then this might be the right foundation for you. It has the perfect consistency and hydrates the skin leaving a fairly nice finish, given if blended properly.
If you have a normal skin or normal to combination skin like me, then it kind of depends on what you prefer. For example, my prefernce is more of a matte foundation but if you are more of a person who likes 'all-natural-pretty-look' then this would work out for you.
If you have an oily based skin then I would obviously reccomend you more of a matte based foundation. This, my dearies, is not the foundation for.
And by chance, if you have more a textured skin and you like that 'full-coverage-nikkietutorials' look then like I said before, the coverage is buildable and you can get your desired coverage but building up that coverage is some work as it needs alot of product, well more than a foundation normally does, and some patience. Just remember, always build your way up and let the first layer of foundation set then apply the next layer.
Some of the cons of this foundation are that it contains SPF which will cause a white cast in flashback and digital photography. Also I felt like it left a sandy or dusty kind of look after 4 to 5 hours but thats what just I felt like.It also contains 'parabens' which are certain type of chemical preservatives that are widely used in the cosmetics but are rarely known for their side effects. 
Reccomandations:
I would definitely recomend it. It is affordable and comes in light packaging that means you can carry it almost everywhere. Maybelline also provides a shade finder on their website so if you are having a hard time to find your perfect shade then you should check out their official website for more guidance.

As for this blog, thats all that I have to say. I hope my review has helped you somehow and if it did then please leave a comment. Thanks!

Comments

Popular Posts