Maybelline New York Super Stay Foundation Review




So Maybelline released its Super Stay 24 hrs foundation and we wanted to review it for you. The new Maybelline SuperStay Full Coverage Foundation is oil-free and comes in 16 different shades that give you a full coverage, matte finish. According to the brand, this foundation can last you 24 hours (a first for Maybelline products) — and even though we don’t necessarily recommend wearing it for that long, it’s nice to know it keeps its promises. Maybelline claims that its full coverage 24H foundation has saturated color pigments that provide an ultra-transforming effect in this long-lasting foundation. The lightweight, yet high-impact coverage formula glides onto the skin for a flawless makeup finish that lasts all day.

  • Oil free. 
  • Doesn't clog pores. 
  • Dermatologist tested.

The pros of this product are:
- THE PUMP: I've never had a foundation with a pump before, and I can say that it truly is the best design. You won't spill your foundation ever, or pour out too much. Combined with the glass bottle, this doesn't feel like a drugstore product.
- THE SHADE: I wear 110 Porcelain in Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless Foundation , but it started to feel a little too light for me and I wasn't sure if a darker shade would end up oxidizing or show up too orange or too grey, as a lot of light foundations do. Luckily, 112 Natural Ivory is a perfect match, light enough for my pale skin, but neutral enough to look beige and not pink.
- THE CONSISTENCY: I was pleasantly surprised when I pumped this out for the first time. I thought as a full coverage foundation that it would be a heavy, thick cream, but it's a really natural, light cream with a weightless feeling.
- APPLICATION: I use my  Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge to apply this, and it feels amazing. The foundation blends easily and smoothly.
The cons:
- COVERAGE: Is this foundation full coverage? Eh, not really. It's definitely *good* coverage, but I think it's more like a medium coverage and the formula just happens to be really nice so you can build it up and not feel like you're wearing a ton of makeup.
- THE WEAR: While this definitely lasts, I doubt the 24-hour wear claim. Would you really want that, though? I'm a little disappointed that this isn't masking  the textured areas of my skin as much as I'd hoped, you can definitely still see bumps, fine lines, and pores.


Great for day wear. This foundation lasts for about 6 hours or longer depending on your skin type and application. Works best on freshly exfoliated & moisturized skin with a primer as it has a matte finish which is a great look but can sometimes make flaws more prominent. If your face is prepped this foundation will last around 7-8 hours easily with little need for touch ups or setting sprays. I use a damp beauty sponge to apply, which helps to blend the liquid easily and gradually build up product depending on the coverage you prefer. I am yet to try with a setting spray which might be ideal for a more long lasting wear if you prefer. This does cover up dark circles very well with a concealer looks great. It can stick to fine lines. 

As soon as you apply it it just perfects your skin. I would recommend using about one and a half layers, applying a normal layer and then just a slightly lighter layer on top to completely even out skin and cover any imperfections. I found that the colour turned a bit grey after a few hours but my friends were saying that it looked to same so make of that what you will.
I would recommend this foundation who wants a more full coverage foundation. You can build it up nicely to your desired coverage, or can apply a little less, and blend out with a beauty blender for a more natural finish.

Comments

Popular Posts