Revolution Fast Base Stick Foundation Review


My dear beauties, 
Today the blog is all about stick foundation and not any other stick stick foundation, it is about the one and only most talked and suggested stick foundation by the beauty bloggers that is the ‘Revolution Fast Base Stick Foundation’. So, like all of the other people out there, I was deeply intrigued by the new stick foundation released by the brand Makeup Revolution and all the hype that was created by all the beauty bloggers everywhere. So considering myself an amateur blogger too, I decided to give it a shot and see it for myself.

Starting with the packaging; the nude, matte, plastic component is weighty. The quality feels surprisingly high end.
And then the price? At £5 I couldn’t not try it.
Then we have the actual foundation. As these are selling out like hot cakes, your best chance is to buy online, which makes shade choosing slightly difficult, so I recommend buying 2 or 3, 1 either side of the shade that you think you are. Hey at least you’ll have foundation for your paler and darker months right? Talking about the shade range. They have almost every skin shade in this Foundation.

I was pleasantly surprised by this when I first tried it, the foundation is so creamy it just glides on and blends like a dream it took no time at all to blend my whole face. The rest of my makeup applied well on top of it and initially my makeup looked really good. However after a few hours wear it had creased badly around my nose and settled into my smile lines, this happens with all foundations on me if I don’t set them so whatever foundation I use I religiously bake my smile lines and around my nose. When I applied this foundation I baked all around my nose and smile lines as I normally would and it still creased which is unusual for me. It also deprecated slightly on my chin, again unusual as I have dry skin and don’t get oily unless I am hot (which I wasn’t that day) I was able to salvage my makeup though, I blended the creases out with my beauty blender and baked again with translucent powder and after doing this my makeup looked good as new again until the end of the day. I don’t normally need to touch up at all during the day however after rectifying the situation I was impressed at how long my makeup lasted and how good it looked. The coverage appears buildable; I only wore mine at a medium because I personally don’t like thick layers of foundation sticking to my skin. It does have a dewy finish, but definitely more of a real skin dewy finish rather than overly dewy/ shiny which is a bonus when you have oilier bits! It looks even but still natural when set with my powder and that’s on the areas (mainly my chin) that I built up the coverage too.
Now the only con, that is fixable is the creasing, I had slight under eye creasing and I used Makeup Revolution Luxury Banana Powder but the white one to set it.
Overall a steal for your money, you need to have this in your makeup bag. My expectations were exceeded.
Don't forget to comment your experience about the product!

Comments

Popular Posts